Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Birthday

So my birthday was Saturday and it turned out to be a little different than I expected. Friday night at about 8:30pm the power went out (which also means no water) due to the massive snow storm. We all camped out in the living room for the night to stay warm. Tanner thought it was the coolest thing ever. Luckily the power came on about 12 hours later on Saturday morning. We ended up with a full 2 feet of snow and there was even a state of emergency declared in the area where Dean was supposed to do snow removal. After trying twice to get to the apartments (they had asked that only emergency vehicles be on the roads) he finally made it and spent a good 6 hours with his Dad AND the help of a couple of tenants until after dark shoveling and didn't even get HALF done. They saw trees down on power lines with flames on them and closed roads all over the place. They were even given some vodka and grape juice from a well intentioned neighbor. Ha! Luckily they had the good sense not to drink it. Anyway, it was an adventure for them, but a bit of a bummer of a birthday for me. At about 8pm Tanner and I decided to go ahead and have a bowl of cereal for dinner cause it didn't look like any birthday dinner was coming my way. Don't worry though, Dean did his best to make me feel special and I'm so grateful for his willingness to work so hard to take care of us. It will definitely be a birthday I'll remember forever. Oh and Dean ended up shoveling for 12 more hours on Sunday and had to miss Church (although we only had partial Church anyway...they dismissed early so everyone could go help people with the snow) because of all the stinking snow!

FINALLY getting to celebrate a bit (notice Tanner's in pj's...it was WAY past bedtime)

Dean made me a delicious Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake which was almost ruined when the power went out while it was baking, but miraculously it turned out fine. DELICIOUS! Thanks babe!

My "Wonder Woman" B-day card. Ha! If you look close it's my face on there...Dean's the best!

I got a 12X12 super fancy paper cutter! Just what I wanted! And of course Tanner was nice enough to help me open it!

3 comments:

Nelson Nitwits said...

I love the Wonder Woman card - it fits you! Hope you get to celebrate again sometime as a make up day! :)

Beth said...

It certainly was a memorable birthday! The cheesecake looks delicious and you do have a great husband to work so hard to "bring home the bacon"! Happy birthday again and welcome to the quarter century club!
Love always,
Mom

Becky Lewis said...

Happy Birthday Andrea.....and it takes a Mom to say "quarter century club", gotta love it! Anyway, I do love this "older" girl and I found a picture I have of you and Eric when you were little. I'll try and send it to you as a present. You look so much the same. XOXO