Well tonight was our annual Senior Trick-or-Treat activity at a local nursing home. We make cardboard box creations and set up a little "Halloween Town" for the Seniors to come trick-or-treating through. I seriously look forward to this activity every year because it's so fun and it makes these people so happy too. I've never been in charge of it before, so I was a little nervous how things would turn out, but it was AMAZING! Here's some posts from past years...here and here...and here's a few pictures from tonight...
Real life "American Gothic" - SO clever!
The Princess Castle by the Activity Day Girls...Tanner wanted to be a princess by the end of the night too! ;) Who wouldn't with a castle like that!? He settled for being the "dragon" in his dinosaur costume.
Mom and Janna all decked out
The Nelson Fam with our vending machine creation
Dean's idea and most of his work, but I painted and put the final touches on. We make a pretty great team!
Tanner handing out treats to an elderly man. Dean would put a treat through the back and Tanner would get it out of the machine and hand it to the people.
Pretty Princesses
The Young Men and Young Women made a tree and a hunny pot from Winnie the Pooh. These are some of the cute Young Women "Bees"
The bishop's wife and their clever Snowman!
The Blazers put together this jail...complete with inmate costumes and all!
Tanner and Landon were both AMAZING! It was seriously a tender mercy from Heavenly Father that Landon was so sweet and happy even in other people's arms. His smiles lit up the old people's faces and lots of them asked if they could keep him! Tanner was SO good and handed out all the treats with a smile and a "Happy Halloween!" One woman came through who was deaf and she signed "thank you". Tanner knows that sign and I told him to sign back "you're welcome". Instead he signed "I love you" and you could see her heart melt. It was so sweet! It was such a great night and one that I hope I never forget.





4 comments:
Andrea, that's so awesome! I'm so glad that you got to have that experience, it sounds amazing! I love being able to lighten someone's burden and brighten up there day, and there are so many opportunities to do that here. I love you!!!
Kevin
Wow, what an awesome activity! I had no idea that everyone got so creative; I was just picturing cardboard houses! So glad Tanner and Landon were so sweet.
Love always,
Mom
That is such a cool idea. You guys are so creative!
You're doing such a great job with your calling! What a special night.
Post a Comment