Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Boys Room

Well when we moved in I posted a million "before" pictures of our house with a promise to someday post some "after" pictures, but it's a LOT harder to come by "after" pictures! Ha! The boys room was already painted a color that I like so I decided to finish up a little decorating and call it done for now. So here is the first set of "after" pictures...

These pictures pan the whole room. (click to enlarge them!)

And then some close ups of my favorite things about their room...
I can't even remember where I saw this quote but I knew at once it HAD to go in the boys room somewhere. I LOVE it because it's not been over done, but it says it perfectly! Also you might notice the boys blacked out window. It's actually vinyl in an attempt to keep it dark enough that they actually sleep past sunrise in the mornings. Some days it doesn't seem to matter whether it's dark or not. Grrr!

Here's a couple close ups of the collages above their beds. Their birth announcements, names (I love that they see their middle names everyday to remind them of whom they were named after!), a magnetic board, stars (I'm a sucker for stars and I already had them so they just had to go up!), their initial and the recent pictures we just took.

I'm in LOVE with this yellow truck I got from Ross a while back. And I absolutely adore these pictures of Christ. They are actually drawn by a woman from my hometown and my Mom and Dad gave them to the boys when they were born and they are perfect reminders of His love for them.
Tanner's side of the room if you couldn't tell! I may be a little obsessed with putting their names on EVERYTHING!
And we hung Tanner's chore chart next to his bed.
And we can't forget Kojo...
And Kifa...
They are like part of the family!

So there you have it. This is how the boys room will stay until they upgrade to bunk-beds down the road. But first we have to convince Tanner that he can sleep on the top bunk without being eaten by birds. No idea where he got that idea! Crazy kid!

5 comments:

The Nelsons said...

Super cute! Love it!

Nelson Nitwits said...

The room looks so good! You're very talented with everything!!

Beth said...

LOVE what you've done with the bedroom; can't wait to see it in person tomorrow!
Love always,
Mom

Brittnie said...

The room looks awesome! Love all the little details you put into it. And the birds on the top bunk...too funny!

Adrienne said...

love it. someday I'll finish my boys room