Thursday, October 27, 2011

Senior Trick-or-Treat

If you're an avid reader of my blog you may remember the Senior Trick-or-Treat activity our ward puts on every year at a local nursing and rehabilitation center.  We LOVE this activity.  It's so fun to see the joy it brings to these people when we come and spend the evening with them.  And I love how much they adore my kids and the opportunity it gives the boys to learn about service.  It's also so fun to see what creative things everyone comes up with for their cardboard creations.  This year in keeping with our football theme we made an end zone and goal post. . .

football player, referee, football, and their #1 fan

Tanner handing out treats

Landon wanted in on the action and the Seniors LOVED him
Mom and Dad put together an AMAZING Jukebox that had a spinning turntable and music playing in the background.  Janna was all decked out in her poodle skirt to match.
Mom helping Janna hand out treats 

Goettman's made some cheese and brought a few mice to hand out treats

Rusty had his very own boat
The Achievement Day Girls made this Merry-go-Round.  They'd pick it up, walk around, and take turns handing out the candy.

Savannah and Liam in their Buzz Lightyear Space Ship

Our Relief Society President with her gingerbread house.  She even handed out gingerbread cookies.

Our Young Women's President was a Circus Clown to go with the Young Women's Circus Train.

So cute!

Some crazy Circus Animals

Bishop was Harry Potter and was SO cute with the Seniors.  He talked so much they had to tell him to hurry things up cause he was holding up the show!

The Young Men put together this chimney complete with Christmas Lights and Santa!  Dean was a MAJOR help on this one!
And the Missionaries made a Temple complete with an Angel Moroni on top!

9 comments:

Beth said...

This is such an AWESOME activity and everyone's project looks great!
Love always,
Mom

Devin & Brittany said...

Oh my gosh. This is the best idea ever. How fun!!

Raime said...

Wow that's such a great idea!! Lots of creative people in your ward. After working in nursing facilities, I definitely know that those seniors really enjoyed the company and entertainment! Great service!

The Nelsons said...

Everyone is so involved! I'm not sure I would come up with something so awesome. Okay, I know I wouldn't. :)

Unknown said...

This is so much fun! I wish our ward did something like this... then again.. i would be in charge of it, so nevermind!

Becky Lewis said...

I KOVE that you do this............seniors are a favorite around here, maybe because I am so close to being there myself.

Jodie said...

Awesome activity! I bet it is so fun!

Nelson Nitwits said...

I think this tradition is so special for the seniors and for your ward. Awesome!

Adrienne said...

wow you have a talented/ creative ward